The part-time Middle School Literacy/ELA Instructor reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for providing instruction in Literacy/ELA. The instructor must be able to relate to low-income/potential first-generation students. The Literacy/ELA’s duties are:
- Provide all participants classroom instruction in Literacy/ELA.
- Contribute to the overall assessment of the students’ progress through the program’s effort.
- Assist in identifying academic deficiencies of students enrolled in the program.
- Administer test to determine the strengths and weaknesses of participants.
- Develop and administer pre-tests in order to ascertain students’ areas of weaknesses.
- Administer exams and quizzes to help students measure their comprehension and acquired knowledge.
- Develop and administer post-tests to evaluate the progress of students, and for future planning teaching strategies.
- Keep records on students’ attendance.
The English Instructor must have a Bachelor’s Degree in English. A Master’s Degree is preferred. Teaching or tutoring experience in Literacy/ELA is preferred. The applicant must be available to work during the summer required summer hours.