(PART-TIME ACADEMIC YEAR and SUMMER COMPONENT)
The Math Instructor reports directly to the Upward Bound Assistant Director and is responsible for providing instruction in Math I through Pre-Calculus. The instructor must be able to relate to low-income/potential first generation college students. The Math Instructor duties are:
- Provide all participants classroom instruction in Math I through Pre-Calculus.
- Contribute to the overall assessment of the students’ progress through the program’s effort.
- Assist in identifying academic deficiencies of students enrolled in the program.
- Administer test to determine the strengths and weaknesses of participants.
- Meet weekly with the program’s Tutor Coordinator, Academic Coordinator, and Upward Bound Assistant Director.
- Develop and administer pre-tests in order to ascertain student’s areas of weaknesses.
- Administer exams and quizzes to help students measure their comprehension and acquired knowledge.
- Develop and administer post-tests to evaluate the progress of students, and for future planning teaching strategies.
- Maintain students’ attendance records.
The Math Instructor must have a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics. A Master’s Degree is preferred. Teaching or tutoring experience in the subject is preferred. The applicant must provide three (3) recommendation letters and must be available to work during the academic and summer components.