Residential Hall Supervisor/Assistants
(PART-TIME SUMMER COMPONENT)
- Two years’ experience working with under-represented students.
- Sensitive and aware of relative issues for program participants.
- Experience in a residential hall setting, preference given to Trio alumni.
- Preference given to candidates who are from a low-income and first generation college student background.
- Qualities of high moral, integrity, dignity, and sensitive to diversity. The ability to communicate effective with groups and individuals.
Bachelor’s Degree in Guidance and Counseling Education, Sociology, Psychology, Social Work or related area is required, Master’s preferred. Must have two years of work experience in areas related to working with low-income students and experience in designing, managing, and implementing similar projects. A knowledge of counseling experience in the areas of counseling, education, psychology, sociology, social work or related field with low-income individuals is required. The candidate must have the ability to articulate effectively and monitor residential hall activities while ensuring a safe and healthy environment for participants in the summer component.