Educational Talent Search (ETS) is a federally funded program for eligible 6th-12th grade students at no cost.
Educational Talent Search provides academic support, career advisement, and financial aid counseling to eligible middle and high school students. ETS also encourages students to successfully complete each grade level, graduate from high school, and enroll into college. Educational Talent Search serves students at 5 CMS middle and 5 high schools.
What does ETS expect from me
As a participant of Educational Talent Search, it is expected that students have a strong desire to work hard academically, graduate from high school, and enroll into college and earn a degree.
Students are expected to actively participate by:
- Maintaining weekly contact with your ETS program counselor at your school
- Attending at least 5 scheduled activities provided by the program during each school year
- Meeting with your school counselor about grades, classes, and future plans
- Creating a CFNC (College Foundation of North Carolina) account
- Participating through high school graduation and receive a college degree.
Please remember that planning for your Future Starts Now! Use your time wisely, ask for help when needed, and use the programs and resources available at your school and within your community that will allow you to gain knowledge and prepare for a successful future.